Rheumatoid arthritis can severely restrict your daily activities and capacity to work. Social Security Disability benefits are designed to provide financial assistance so you can continue to support yourself. However, the disability application process is complicated, and most applicants are initially denied.
Pilzer Klein has extensive experience helping rheumatoid arthritis patients demonstrate they meet Social Security disability qualifications and obtain the benefits they deserve. Unlike generalized personal injury practices, we focus exclusively on Social Security Disability cases.
If you live in upstate South Carolina or western North Carolina and are unable to work due to your condition, reach out to us now for a free consultation. Whether you are applying for the first time or appealing a denial, our attorneys are here to help.
Qualifying for Disability for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Our Social Security Disability lawyers know how to thoroughly document your rheumatoid arthritis symptoms to align with the following disability eligibility criteria:
- Your condition makes it impossible to continue your most recent job.
- It impedes transitioning to new, less physically demanding work.
- Your health issues are expected to persist for at least 12 months.
A successful disability claim hinges on proving that your medical condition substantially limits your functional abilities. By demonstrating how your rheumatoid arthritis symptoms prevent you from working, we can build a compelling case for why you qualify for benefits.
Symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis That May Affect Your Ability to Work
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is an inflammatory condition causing severe joint pain that can impact multiple body systems. Even though RA is listed in the SSA’s Blue Book under immune system disorders, you must still show that the severity of your symptoms prevents you from working.
If RA triggers your immune system to attack your tissues, you may experience the following symptoms:
- Bone erosion and damage to major joints
- Persistent fever
- Arm inflammation
- Stiffness in the spine
- Profound fatigue or malaise
- Inflammation in the legs that impedes movement
- Painful swelling
- Inflammation affecting two or more organs or body systems
In addition to demonstrating the presence of debilitating symptoms, securing benefits requires proving their ongoing and recurrent nature over time. An experienced attorney can gather the documentation needed to prove this.
Medical Evidence to Support Your Rheumatoid Arthritis Disability Claim
Medical evidence is crucial for arthritis disability claims with Social Security. Failure to effectively present documentation of your condition can easily lead to a denial.
To build a successful case, you should include the following medical records:
|Official diagnosis record
|Confirmation of your rheumatoid arthritis diagnosis
|Detailed assessments from doctors outlining symptom severity
|Blood test results
|Objective data reinforcing the medical condition
|Comprehensive records of all medical interventions tried and their outcomes
|Additional test findings
|Any other studies or results illustrating the severity of your condition
Meticulously collecting and submitting your medical evidence is vital. Even small errors in your disability application can lead to delays or a denial.
Our attorneys work with your doctors and other healthcare professionals to obtain the necessary medical records and ensure this vital evidence is properly presented to the Social Security Administration (SSA).
Why You Should Hire a Social Security Disability Lawyer
Pursuing disability benefits can be daunting for those already struggling with rheumatoid arthritis symptoms and financial uncertainty. A qualified lawyer can help ease this burden. Your attorney can take care of collecting medical evidence, ensuring accurate form completion, and making compelling arguments on your behalf.
If your claim is initially denied, your lawyer can handle the appeal, leveraging their experience to optimize your odds of success. Many disability attorneys, including ours, work on contingency, meaning there are no upfront fees. You only pay if they secure your benefits.
Having an experienced disability lawyer in your corner levels the playing field and maximizes your chances of obtaining the Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) support you deserve. Their knowledge and skills can make navigating the process smooth and cost-effective.
Reasons to Choose Pilzer Klein to Handle Your Claim
Pursuing disability benefits can feel impersonal—like you are just another file in the system. Our law firm is dedicated to treating you with the individualized attention, respect, and compassion you deserve.
Here are a few more ways we stand out in the Social Security Disability space:
- Exclusive focus on SSDI/SSI cases: We solely handle Social Security disability cases, allowing in-depth expertise in navigating this unique system. Our 35+ years of assisting people in getting benefits make us a valuable ally in your case
- Local experience and connections: Our Greenville presence provides us with intimate knowledge of local healthcare and Social Security offices in the Carolinas. We have extensive experience helping upstate South Carolina and western North Carolina residents.
- Licensed attorneys: You’ll consult directly with your lawyer from day one. Our attorneys personally start and work on your case each step. Remember: non-attorney disability advocates cannot represent you if you lose your appeal and need to take your case to federal court. Our licensed attorneys are prepared to go the distance in your case.
- Loyal commitment throughout your claim: We won’t abandon your case when things get tough but will regularly update you and prepare you for hearings.
- Contingency-fee payment structure: We offer free case evaluations and only collect fees if we secure your benefits. Our team stands ready to fight for the disability support you deserve. Let us shoulder this burden while you concentrate on your well-being.
Free Consultation With a Social Security Disability Lawyer
If rheumatoid arthritis prevents you from working, don’t let the intricacies of the system deter you from seeking the Social Security benefits you deserve. Take the first step by contacting Pilzer Klein for professional legal guidance.
One of our licensed attorneys will evaluate your situation during a free consultation. When we accept your case, we’ll navigate the complexities of your claim so you can stay focused on your health and secure your future.
With our experienced legal team representing you, you can relax, knowing you are in capable hands. Contact us today to get answers to your questions during a personalized case assessment at no cost.