For people living with persistent leg swelling, receiving Social Security benefits can mean the difference between financial hardship and stability. The problem is that applying for benefits isn’t easy, and most applications are denied due to strict documentation requirements and other obstacles. Fortunately, you don’t have to face the application and appeals process alone.
Your chances of success increase when you have an experienced Social Security Disability lawyer representing you. An attorney from Pilzer Klein can review your medical records and work history to build a strong case highlighting how edema prevents you from working.
Keep reading to learn more about Social Security Disability for edema, or contact us now for a free consultation.
Living With Edema
Swelling or edema in the legs or feet is a common symptom of venous insufficiency, which means the veins in your legs have trouble moving blood back to your heart. For people with dangerously swollen limbs, diuretics, elevation, and compression stockings can help lessen the swelling.
However, these treatments require continuous monitoring and are often time-consuming. In addition, swelling can increase dramatically during everyday activities such as walking or sitting for long periods. With this level of functional limitation, many individuals with edema find it difficult to earn an income and need to instead focus on surviving day-to-day.
If fluid retention in your legs or other extremities makes you unable to perform work-related activities for at least 12 months, you may qualify for Social Security disability benefits. This is true for edema itself and in cases where the swelling is a symptom of another medical condition.
For a free legal consultation with a social security disability for edema lawyer serving South Carolina, call 864-235-0234
Is Edema a Qualifying Condition?
Even if your edema does not directly qualify under the Social Security Administration (SSA) listing of impairments, it may still be possible to obtain benefits.
When filing a claim for disability benefits, diagnosing the cause of edema can greatly improve your chances of approval, whether it is because of an underlying injury, disease, or medical illness like kidney disease, congestive heart failure, or COPD.
Our Social Security Disability lawyers have 50 years of combined experience helping those with disabling medical conditions like edema apply for and receive the benefits they deserve. Learn how we can help you during a free consultation.
South Carolina Social Security Disability for Edema Lawyer Near Me 864-235-0234
What a Lawyer Can Do for Your Case
Having professional representation could make all the difference in qualifying for Social Security Disability benefits for edema.
Here are some ways a lawyer can help with your disability case:
- Review your medical records and determine if you meet the SSA’s criteria for disability: Disability attorneys understand all the rules and requirements and can assess if you have a strong case.
- Guide you through the application process: The paperwork you have to complete can be complicated. A qualified lawyer knows how to fill out forms and submit supporting evidence properly. This ensures that nothing critical gets missed or overlooked.
- Obtain additional medical evidence: An attorney can obtain medical opinions, tests, and records from your doctors to further document and prove your conditions.
- Present your case in the best light: An experienced lawyer knows how to write persuasive appeals and arguments to convince the SSA that your disability is legitimate. This adds credibility to your case.
- Represent you at hearings: A disability attorney can advocate for you before an Administrative Law Judge if your disability claim gets denied initially. Their skills in questioning witnesses and presenting evidence can help you get approved.
- Handle appeals if needed: If your disability claim is denied after a hearing, a lawyer can appeal the decision and even take your case to federal court. This can result in the judge’s decision being overturned.
- Avoid mistakes that lead to denial: An experienced disability lawyer will help you avoid making common mistakes that can sabotage your case and lead to unnecessary denials.
Simply put, working with a qualified lawyer maximizes your odds of qualifying for benefits.
Why Choose Our Law Firm?
We realize you have lots of lawyers to choose from. However, Pilzer Klein stands out from the rest for several reasons.
When you trust our law firm to handle your case, you will:
- Speak with a licensed attorney: All new clients speak directly with an experienced disability attorney, not just a non-attorney representative. From day one, you’ll have an attorney guiding your case.
- Be prepared for your hearing: We make it a priority to meet with clients well in advance of their hearing dates. This step allows us to fully understand your situation and build the strongest case possible.
- Pay nothing unless you win: Our attorneys work on a contingency basis. You pay nothing upfront and owe no fees unless we win your case.
- Get help with evidence collection: Our legal team takes care of gathering all relevant medical records, documentation, and evidence to prove your disability.
- Potentially save money on obtaining records: We take steps to reduce the costs of obtaining medical and other records whenever possible.
- Obtain expert medical opinions: We make every effort to get supporting medical opinion evidence from your treating physicians. This expert testimony can greatly strengthen your claim.
- Receive SSA consultative exams when needed: When appropriate, we’ll request consultative medical exams and evaluations from the SSA. These are often important to judges.
- Benefit from our proven disability experience: Our attorneys have a proven track record of success with disability cases. When you trust us with your disability claim, we will leverage our expertise and resources to build the strongest case possible. Unlike many other law firms, Social Security Disability is all we do.
Free Consultation Regarding Social Security Disability for Edema
If you live with debilitating edema, Pilzer Klein is here to help. Our attorneys know how to present compelling cases that prove a medical condition keeps you from working. When you allow us to handle your case, you can focus on your health while we guide you through the application process, including any necessary hearings and appeals.
SSA statistics show that Social Security Disability applicants have a better chance of obtaining benefits when they have professional legal representation, so consulting with an attorney is strongly advised. Our law firm handles cases in upstate South Carolina and western North Carolina.
Speak with a qualified attorney by filling out the online contact form or calling to schedule a free consultation.