Edema, or fluid retention, can occur due to various underlying medical conditions. The swelling usually affects the legs and can cause pain, limited mobility, and an inability to work. If edema is slowing you down, Social Security benefits can make your life easier.
That said, navigating the Social Security Disability claims process in Greenville, SC, is complicated, and many applicants are initially denied. Whether you’re applying for the first time, facing a hearing, or appealing a denial, a Greenville Qualifications for Social Security Disability Lawyer can increase your chances of getting the benefits you deserve.
Contact Pilzer Klein now for a free consultation with a qualified attorney.
Do You Have Edema and Need Financial Help?
Edema on its own doesn’t guarantee you will qualify for disability benefits, which is why an attorney’s help can be invaluable.
A qualified lawyer from our firm can help you gather evidence to show you meet the qualifications for edema or the underlying condition that is causing it. Your attorney will also help you document your symptoms and prepare you for hearings.
Securing the benefits you need can give you a sense of independence and dignity. But with a condition like edema, you have to present your medical records in exactly the right way to be approved for Social Security Disability. You or your attorney must show that your condition meets certain criteria.
For a free legal consultation with a social security disability for edema lawyer serving Greenville, call 864-235-0234
How to Qualify for Social Security Disability for Edema
Swollen legs may qualify you for disability benefits, but extremity edema is usually a sign of an underlying condition. According to the Mayo Clinic, edema can appear as a symptom of a variety of health conditions, including congestive heart failure, cirrhosis, and kidney disease, among others.
The Social Security Administration (SSA) officially connects edema to several disorders within their Blue Book listings of impairments that warrant disability benefits. It’s important to understand that you can also qualify for benefits if your impairments are not explicitly listed.
Regardless of whether edema is the primary condition or a secondary symptom, Social Security’s evaluation is based on how it restricts your daily life and ability to work.
Two Ways to Qualify
You could think about qualifying for Social Security Disability with edema in two ways:
- Qualifying with edema as your main impairment
- Qualifying with edema as a symptom of another health disorder
For edema itself to qualify you for benefits, the chronic pain, swelling, loss of movement, sleep problems, and other effects must be severe enough to limit your daily activities and prevent you from working any significant amount.
It can be difficult, but not impossible, to reach the standard Social Security looks for in awarding disability benefits with swelling alone.
You may have more success with a disability claim if edema is a symptom that you can document as part of another medical condition that warrants disability benefits.
Those medical conditions include the following:
- Heart failure
- Chronic venous insufficiency
- Other circulation disorders
- Kidney failure
- Other kidney diseases
- Whole-body swelling (anasarca)
- Other excess fluid disorders
If you are wondering whether your edema is severe enough to qualify for Social Security Disability, one of our attorneys can evaluate your case and explain your options at no cost.
Greenville Social Security Disability for Edema Lawyer Near Me 864-235-0234
Evidence You Need for a Social Security Disability Claim
To get disability benefits, you must be unable to work what Social Security considers to be a “substantial” amount for at least a year.
With edema or any other health condition, you must prove this by providing information on your work background and evidence of your medical situation.
You’ll need to gather the following and more:
- Descriptions of recent jobs
- Your training and credentials
- Reports from doctors
- Medical test results
- Records of hospital stays
- Lists of prescriptions
- Documentation of how your edema responds to treatment
- Statements from people in your personal life about how your condition affects you
You can do all this yourself, or you can give yourself a break and allow a disability lawyer to help you. There’s a lot of paperwork involved, and hiring a lawyer is the best way to avoid mistakes when applying for Social Security Disability benefits.
Why Choose Our South Carolina Firm To Handle Your Claim?
When it comes to your Social Security Disability claim, choosing the right representation can make all the difference in your case. At Pilzer Klein, our disability lawyers have more than 50 years of combined experience helping people with their initial applications as well as their hearings and appeals.
We have helped thousands of people secure millions of dollars in benefits in Greenville, Asheville, Spartanburg, Anderson, and across upstate South Carolina and western North Carolina. Unlike many other law firms in Greenville, Social Security Disability is all we do.
Other Ways We Stand Out
Our law firm goes above and beyond to provide you with the best possible support throughout your journey.
Here’s what sets us apart from other law firms:
- Attorney-client interaction: All of our new clients speak directly with an attorney. We believe in personalized attention to ensure your unique needs are met.
- Early attorney meetings: Your attorney will meet with you well in advance of your hearing. This proactive approach allows us to prepare your case thoroughly, increasing your chances of success.
- Comprehensive medical evidence: We take the hassle out of gathering the necessary medical evidence for your case. Our experienced team knows how to obtain all relevant records and document them accurately.
- Cost-effective evidence gathering: We take measures to minimize the costs associated with obtaining medical evidence. Your financial well-being is important to us, and we work to reduce unnecessary expenses.
- Medical opinion evidence: When available, we obtain medical opinions as evidence to strengthen your case. This additional support can be crucial in securing the benefits you need.
- Consultative evaluations: In cases where it’s appropriate, we request consultative evaluations from the Social Security Administration (SSA). This step ensures a comprehensive assessment of your condition.
Choosing Pilzer Klein means partnering with a dedicated team of professionals who will work tirelessly to help you secure the Social Security Disability benefits you deserve. Your peace of mind is just a phone call away.
We understand the financial challenges you may be facing. That’s why we won’t charge you a penny unless we win your case. Your well-being is our priority.
Free Consultation With a Disability Lawyer in Greenville, SC
Ready to explore your options for Social Security Disability benefits due to edema? Our Greenville Disability lawyer is here to provide the guidance and support you need during this challenging time. We offer a free consultation to help you understand your eligibility and the process ahead.
If edema and swelling problems are seriously hindering you, don’t hesitate to pursue the financial help that may be available to you. Applicants with professional legal representation have a higher chance of approval, and you won’t pay anything upfront for our services.
Contact us now for a free consultation with an experienced attorney.